Thursday, January 18, 2007

Aikido Equipment - Kimono

For aikido it is really vital to have your kimono made of really strong rice strings.Thats why i always say that it is better to give some extra cash when buying your equipment , because otherwise it will be really silly when you must "repair" your kimono after every practice session. In my years of practicing aikido i have had a whole pile of good and some not that good kimonos. And every time i have my equipment destroyed from some ukemi technique it is one thing that crosses my mind - "Why ,the hell, haven't i bought that nice rice kimono top for 30 more USD."
So my advice is - buy what seems to be just a little bit too expensive when it comes to martial arts equipment. I will be glad if u share your experience and opinion.

No comments: